View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 01:26 PM   #98
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilsax View Post
after restart awesome showed again, but touchscreen didn't work now
1. First of all I can see that you have different Kobo version than me. In this case it is strongly recommended to do this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...11#post2701911

And it is better to copy whole "HW CONFIG" section, not only this single byte if you want to be sure that all hardware works as it should.

2. Was touch working before in X11? It's strange, because installing xfce should have nothing to do with it. If yes, I think this may be problem with xorg.conf. Maybe installation of xfce changed it somehow.

Please check xorg.conf file ("Input Device" sections) for changes.

I wrote my custom touch driver (called "kobo_touch_driver.so" or something like this). Please check xorg logs if it is loading correctly during startup. For example if you upgraded xorg server, you may need to recompile it and copy to the system. Source codes are in my home directory (at least in my original image). You can compile it with "make" command.

I wrote it because I had plans to implement multitouch later. But I never did (for touch device I like Android better). Because it is not finished, the universal "evdev" driver is better (for example, it can be configured to simulate RMB and you don't have to recompile it yourself). So it will be the best for you to forget about "kobo_touch_driver" and configure "evdev" driver for touch device in xorg.conf file. I was able to do it one day and it worked perfectly, so read its documentation and try different parameters. Don't forget about updating HW CONFIG section first. If you have the image from PhantomWiggler it is probably correct, but you should check it with your original SD card (sometimes the same kobo model has many revisions with different hardware).

PS. Nazwałeś swoje zdjęcie "Fotografia (...) o (...)"? Dlaczego łamałem sobie język pisząc po angielsku

Last edited by MarekGibek; 08-31-2014 at 01:53 PM.
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote