View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #13
lulalullah
Enthusiast
lulalullah began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hi all,

re: Kymmmm
Interesting info about being able to slip your hand between the Nook and the back cover" to hold it. I have not thought about that...
I'm a woman with a span of hand of about +20cm/7.9in. I hold my book (and turn pages with the hand holding the book) and miss this aspect in an e-reader where both hands are required. I was hoping at least with a double-sided cover, I would retrieve the possibility to hold it like a book:
Description when holding with the left hand although it's almost the same when using the right hand:
- thumb on the inside left side
- baby finger on the inside right side
- middle finger on the spine
- index finger on the external left side
- and ring finger on the external right side
- the bottom spine of the book rests in the palm of the hand (when holding from top, the middle spine rests on the base of the palm-wrist)
- turn pages with thumb (when holding from top, turn pages with ring and index fingers)
I also do that 'single-handedly' when holding a book from its top although my fingers are fanned out a bit differently.
Creepy, ugh, I know

I was first really attracted to the flip cover you have because of its simplicity and unobtrusiveness (slim) but decided that I would miss too much the balance I had with the form format of a book. However, you've given me a point to ponder and this does not simplify my decision making. LOL.

re: GreenMonkey
Indeed, I saw the Executive Jacket model from M-Edge and thought that it's really cool to be able to carry a light with the cover. However I decided against it because I think the light placement when not in use would interfere with my old habits (see my physio-pschycho-motor description above ) and that the closure flap would disturb me.
How do you like the four-point mounting system and do you miss the feel of the rubberized back of the Nook?

Last edited by lulalullah; 09-03-2011 at 10:55 AM.
lulalullah is offline   Reply With Quote