View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #46
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrm View Post
Oh, I have a pretty good idea of what touch does, thankyouverymuch :-)

And strangely enough, my man for touch doesn't mention the side effect of touch which is relevant here.

But the point is that the script looks for a directory (google* man bash) which obviously won't be there (you having renamed it) -- so what is the point of creating a regular file of the same name?

Anywayz, thanks geekmaster, that's sort of what I thought -- that something else is trying to force it back into ad-supported mode, and the file thwarts it. Except on my kindle it worked (and continues to work) without the file (5.0.4).

* if you don't have at least one instance of bash open on your desktop...
*nix nit ...
On the Kindle, you are not running Bash, you are running Ash.

On most distributions:
/bin/busybox ash
will get you an instance of the Ash command line shell.

(Most distributions have it installed because their "create initramfs" tools need it.)