View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 04:04 AM   #40
Julian Smart
Enthusiast
Julian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insalata View Post
I'm trying Jutoh out, and really like the look of it so far. It seems much easier to use than anything else I've tried - for someone who isn't really familiar with html.

Please could you tell me if it can handle small caps - I've embedded a font that supports them, but can't access them through the font dialogue. (Using version 1.38 on Mac Lion.)
Hi,

Although Jutoh doesn't natively support small caps, you can achieve this for Epub and Mobipocket by creating a character style in Project Properties/Styles, checking "Use custom CSS", and adding these lines to the definition:

font-size: smaller;
text-transform: uppercase;

or:

font-variant: small-caps;

(I haven't checked which works best in Epub versus Mobipocket.)

Then you can apply this style by selecting text, showing the context menu (ctrl-click), and selecting Style -> Character style -> your named style.

Or you can add this CSS to a paragraph style using the same "Use custom CSS" technique. Note that changes to the style using Jutoh won't show up until you clear "Use custom CSS", check it again, and re-add the custom CSS.

Regards,

Julian
Julian Smart is offline   Reply With Quote