View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 04:38 PM   #14
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
I saw it available on an ereader review site that I'd rather not name, for DOUBLE the price that is quoted in the headline. Given their reputation of borrowing content, writing click-bait titles, making wildly inaccurate predictions, and not such stellar shipping, I think I'll pass, especially at that price.

I'd love to have one though, as I'd really like a more portable reader, though would prefer a slightly more square aspect ratio. If I bought one I'd install KOReader (where I do 99% of my reading now) and the Amazon reader app (looks like it has Amazon's app pre-installed). One big concern would be availability of decent and well fitting cases. If another vendor starts selling it in the US, I'll probably grab one.

EDIT: And I just remembered the fact that Xiaomi has been accused of being a bit of a backdoor for a particular foreign government... so, there's that big red flag -- hmmm...

Last edited by twowheels; 04-06-2021 at 04:44 PM.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote