View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 12:21 PM   #23
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
To me, embedding in a html file means that the whatever is made part of the html code such as the inline images I mentioned. By extension, any content that is referred to by a link is not "embedded in the html code". It may be embedded in the package file but that's a whole other argument. I seem to remember responding to a question about "Is there any way to embed them into a page" which is not the same--to me--as is there a way to embed them in the epub package file. I do seem to remember responding "You can embed some video formats (MP4 and/or WebM) in an epub3 document."

Whether I am linking to an file hosted on YouTube or linking to a file inside the epub package doesn't really matter to me. Links is links.

I get the galloping heebies when you refer to "embedding the file, itself, in the HTML files" where I would say "embedding the file in the EPUB document or EPUB package file". By definition, an epub document/container/package file must contain more than only HTML files.

Pedantry is us.
There are links and then there are links. In particular an eBook is not self contained if the links leave the device so links need to be to things inside the ePub to be useful in my opinion.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote