View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 12:23 PM   #9
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
US mass market is locked at 4.25x7. (Works out to 14.89x9)
That size is being de-emphasized by the big publishers in favor of the more expensive 5.5x8.5 and 6x9. 6x9 is emerging as the new baseline as a lot of hardcovers come in tbat size.

eInk readers tend to be 4x3.

(shrug)
Huh? I wasn't aware that any of the big publishers were producing devices. The ebooks themselves are agnostic with regards to device size, unless we are talking about PDF's. I mean, I get that some think that the big publishers are the root of all evil, but still, a little reality.

If we are talking about actual paper book size, looking at my book shelves, books are the same size they have been for the last 40+ years which is as long as I've been buying books. The first hard back that I every purchased in 1977 is the same size as the most recent hard back that I purchased last year. Basic paperback books seem to be mostly the same size as well, at least looking at my book shelves. Trade paperback is a bit more of a mixed bag with regards to size.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote