View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #35715
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Eventually we will downsize, but I don't think I'd be able to convince my wife to move to foreign shores, even though I'd love to. We did that once before (South Africa) and she loved it at first, but ended up hating it.
Living in a foreign country isn't particularly easy. It requires an enormous amount of flexibility. One nice thing about modern days is that it's so easy to travel now. When we last lived in Thailand, if my wife missed Japan, she got on a plane and was back with her sisters in Japan in a matter of hours. A week of that and she was good for another year or two of foreign life. Now back in Japan, it's me that meditates regularly to keep a smile on my face. When we live in a different country, we BOTH meditate regularly to stay sane. It's cheaper than a psychiatrist. A lot of people try it and just can adjust to different cultures.

Quote:
How are the showings going?
Haven't started yet. We just had the estate agent in last week to give us some tips and discuss an asking price. We've been spending this past week scrubbing down the walls, oiling the woodwork, re-papering the interior shoji (six more to do this weekend,) polishing the brightwork, etc., etc., etc. Monday the estate agent will begin advertising and showing. He estimates 2-3 months for this place to sell at close to our asking price, faster if we come down. Hopefully, all will be completed by May. We plan to leave Japan June 6th. I'll begin the Visa process in the middle of next month, and we'll begin an inoculation series at the same time. Nothing is 'required' but we haven't had Tetnus boosters in almost 10 years, rabbies vaccine, typhoid (if we can get the oral vaccine. I won't do typhoid shoots EVER again!) and Japanese Encephalitis boosters too. It cheap insurance...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote