View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 10:35 AM   #17
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
John F: it's good to know that they have the same return policy as Amazon.

stumped: John Lewis is a bit like Marks and Spencer; always on the verge of going out of business. If I bought a reader from them and a month later they went into liquidation, any guarantee wouldn't be honoured.

If they've sorted the light bleed issue, I'd be more inclined to buy online from Kobo. I would need to contact them anyway to get the reader registered at their end (I have no wifi; Amazon just did the Paperwhite registration over the phone.)
I'm not sure I've understood what your internet situation is. You do not need to enable wi-fi on a Kobo - I've never enabled it on any of mine. You will need to register it via an internet connection and any login id you care to make up. I use Kobo Desktop for PC for the initial setup. I haven't heard of people contacting Kobo CS to do this for them but I could be wrong.

However, I think if you're this nervous about buying from a company who isn't Amazon then I think you should probably stick with them. Your money will be 100% safe but unfortunately you will also be 100% sure that any current Kindle won't do any of the things you originally stated you wanted.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote