View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I actually read this and had it about 30 years ago in hardback

I want to thank you for reminding me about it. Now, if only someone would scan that in.....that we could enjoy it all over again. All the elements you mention were the reasons I loved it.

Wasn't there also a second book? Or a 'sequel'? I can't remember.

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
If you love 18th century picaresque book, you should try "Manuscript found in Saragossa" from Jean Potocki.
There's picaresque elements, but also gothic, romance, religion, adventure etc...

It's a public domain book, but I haven't seen any e-text for it yet.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote