View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 07:28 AM   #48
sitrucz
Connoisseur
sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Apple iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Trying to do that within this plugin would be messy. It isn't something that I would want to do.

You have a couple of alternatives.

When you find a book in KFX format in My Kindle Content you could zip the content of the book's folder, rename that to have a .kfx-zip extension and put that file in the auto add folder, instead of just the main book file.

Or you could write a new calibre File Type plugin that would be activated when you put something in the auto-add folder and would then perform the actions described above, searching My Kindle Content for a matching book folder, zipping it up, etc.
I'll have to see if I can create an Automator script to zip up the files.

I've wanted to get into plugin writing. I have an infatuation with k2pdfopt and now this file type plugin idea. So, I may look around the forums on where to get started on plugin development. I know Python but definitely not an expert.

Thanks.
sitrucz is offline   Reply With Quote