View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #9
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by magarto View Post
And, the same but downloading the book from internet (I want to create a OPDS library in a server)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magarto View Post
Ok thanks... I can see that it is impossible to fix it directly without that python script ...
Not impossible. Calibre + Quality Check plug-in. No python script required:
  1. Import epub into Calibre and open Edit Metadata. Under Ids, enter ASIN (which you can get from Amazon site under Product Details. Example: "mobi-asin:B123456789". If an ISBN is already there, you can leave it and add the ASIN after, separating with a comma: "isbn:987654321, mobi-asin:B123456789".) ADD: You can also try "download metadata" and see if Calibre will pull the ASIN from Amazon's servers (thanks eschwartz for this tip).
  2. Convert to azw3
  3. Use Quality Check plug-in and select "Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire"

The resulting azw3 can be uploaded to a server and downloaded directly to a Kindle; the Kindle sees a properly embedded ASIN and retrieves the cover from Amazon's server. This works on my Kindle Voyage using Dropbox. Maybe it will work with your OPDS?

Last edited by odamizu; 05-02-2015 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added info
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote