View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #22
Kuja
Kuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watch

Device: none
Hi everybody,
nice to see that you find my app useful ;-)

@jmseight:
I also had this problem with streams, but only with very special letters in the url, it's a problem with the characterset. Could you please post the url here sothat I can understand, which characters are causing the Error?
The other question: Hmm, strange. Normaly the kindlet should completely kill MPlayer on quit (if selected) with the command 'killall -9 mplayer' ...

@George's Kindle:
The installation itself is pretty easy, as written in post one you need to ssh into the kindle, edit the one file and copy "mplayer" and K3MusicManager into the right directory.
If you don't know how to SSH you also can edit the file with launchpad or kite and some tricks:
1. copy external.policy to your "root" directory you can access via normal usb mode:
Code:
cp /opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy /mnt/us/
2. edit the file with your favourite texteditor (notepad++ ftw!!) in usb mode
3. make the whole filesystem writeable:
Code:
mntroot rw
4. copy the file back to the old location:
Code:
cp /mnt/us/external.policy /opt/amazon/ebook/security/

UPDATE 2.2

- fixed the bug that was found out by arikfunke
- fixed the bug, that you could not use 'O', 'P' to rename a file (in the textfield)
- added a Progress Bar that shows the songs progress (sorry that it looks so similar to fbdev's kinamp, but it's not copied! I just cannot imagine a better place or width for a progress bar than at the bottom and that small; BTW I used the Progress Bar of apetresc's KindleWidgetToolkit (link in first post))

Coming Soon:
- Grafical Dictaphone Mod (record your voice with the kindle's microphone)
- both bugs I imagined in the first post will be fixed
- Sort Options: Sort your songs by Titel(normal)/Artist/Album/Genre (idea by arikfunke)

At this point a big thanks to arikfunke (again), who helps me a lot with the last 2 problems.
Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote