View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 06:17 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnyx View Post
In terms of weight, contrast, ease of downloading books without a PC or WiFi, all roads *appear* to point to Kindle, but I was disappointed that the Kindle Touch isn't available in the UK, as I thought Touchscreen might be useful.
The Kindle Touch will probably be available in the UK very shortly, but I would agree with the suggestion that page turn buttons are going to be easier to use in the circumstances you describe.

Quote:
and I believe that, likewise, some books are also unavailable in the UK due to copyright issues.
No, it has absolutely nothing to do with copyright. Geographical restrictions are a matter of which "territory" a publisher is permitted to sell a book in as specified by the distribution rights they have from the author.

It's "swings and roundabouts" when it comes to book selection, though. You're right that some books which are available in the US aren't available in the UK, but the same is true in reverse. Eg, I'm currently reading Colin Dexter's "Inspector Morse" series on my Kindle, but some of these books are not available in the US. There's certainly no shortage of eBooks available in the UK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote