View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 05:23 PM   #1
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
line spacing changes with embedded fonts

I'm experimenting with some "silly" display fonts to see how they work out. Some of the fonts add some space below the line where they are the first word or so of the line. Is there a viable way to deal with this or should I just punt and find a font that doesn't do that? The fonts were downloaded from google's fonts page, which are ttf and I converted them to otf with fontforge.

Here's an example of the start of a paragraph where it happens:

Code:
<p><span class="lemon">A.P.O. SAN FRANCISCO</span>  I heard about this
The css file has

Code:
@font-face {
    font-family: Lemon-Regular;
    font-weight: normal;
    font-style: normal;
    src:url(../Fonts/Lemon-Regular.otf);
}

.lemon {
    font-family: "Lemon-Regular", sans-serif;
}
(Lemon-Regular is ok, but others add the space.)
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote