View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspelling View Post
hello!

i have a client that wants his print book reference the same on ebook format. the print book have this (see pages 347-349) and so on. Now, he wants the same on ebook format.

is this possible or are there any alternative? and how should i explain this to him.

thanks!
Yes, you could try explaining all the realities to him. Instead of promulgating the idea that an eBook works exactly like print. To do this, you have to embed each page number's ID, in the book. eg., ID=pg9. then you have to (realistically, for it to be usable) build a page index, so that people can go to the index to find "page" 48 or whatever. For the references, you have to then link to them to the matching ID, like (See page 37) would link to the ID=pg37 that you created. Of course, that's nearly useless, as each page in the print book will be 3-4 "pages" in the ebook. Which is why I said, you could try explaining the reality to him.

That's pretty much the only way to do it.

I certainly hope you discussed this, and the vast amount of extra work to do it, and included that in your pricing, upfront.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote