View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Ok, I've got the Cover, Index, CountryListing, all Countries with maps (incl. some missing/hidden ones!) and Appendix A working.

I'm cleaning up the Appendices to remove graphic bars/background (in essense making it look like a "print" version). It's cumbersome as they use tables to hold the graphics elements which, if left in interfere with the ebook layout on small screens. I've done this before and NOW remember how much of a pain it was!

Will work on the docs.zip this weekend.

In the end, I'll produce two variants: full version with most items except large graphics and a streamlined version. Any suggestions what to leave in the streamlined version?

The 2008 .epub posted previously is streamlined so my version would have to include some more items for it to be of interest.
I just now saw your post. I have the scripts for the reference_maps, geos, appendix, and flags folders done.

I'm planning to produce 2 versions as well. One will have the full graphics, the other will have the same images converted to 4 bit grayscale.

The way you're doing it may be a pain, but the way I'm doing it is fun. I bet my copies will end up being prettier, too.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote