View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #42
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes View Post
Hmm, that may be a mistake on my part. Without NOOK Extras Marketplace, is it still as easy to find and install apps as it is for the Android ereaders that I'm covering so far (Velocity Micro Cruz R101 and PocketBook IQ 701)?

Consider this note from blog.laptopmag.com:

If this is not true, please let me know. If it is true, that's what I was thinking when I listed the NOOKcolor below the other Android ereaders with regard to apps.
No, that is very inaccurate I don't even know where he got this info from, I've never heard of such comments.

Because the nook books off of the SD Micro Card by default it makes bricking the nook virtually impossible. Also developers have created bootable images that auto root your device. It's called autonooter and the process is very easy to do. The hardest part is making a bootable images, and those instructions are in detail.

The nook has proven to be a viable tablet and as such has gotten developers from the market to make updates to their apps to play nice with the nook.

Also here is the dev community to the nook color
http://nookdevs.com/Portal:NookColor
You will see it is quite active, even more so than the cruz, and PocketBook.

=X=