View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Unfortunately that is not that way it works. I created a number of different folders on the SD card and put the files there. But it seems all PDF, epub (and perhaps others, I only have these and *.np) will be indexed no matter where they are, except if they are in the "Image" and "Personal Documents" folders. So in the end they show up in the "books" section.
Sorry, you are right.

But it's not so clear. For example I have a file named "agenda-2010.pdf" inside "Personal Documents" folder.
It is shown on "Personal Documents" view, but not on "Books" view. But if I do a search under "Books" view it finds it...

My hypothesis: every .pdf or .epub file appears in Books view, regardless the physical folder *unless they appear on any other view like Personal Documents or Images* (i.e. unless they have any other tag attached). Search is system-wide.

If this is correct, you could modify/delete the tag of your secret files after being indexed.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote