View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 04:51 AM   #2
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I have a number of documents in PDF format that I would prefer not to have show up in the "books" section, but would prefer that they could only be accessed through the file structure on the SD card. For this purpose I created various subdirectories by category on the SD card. That works, but they are still being indexed and clog up my book section.

I have noticed that items in "Image" and "Personal Documents" folders won't be indexed, but when I press on "Personal Documents" all items in that directory appear, regardless of what subfolder of that directory they are actually in. Is there any way around this? I can imagine 2 methods:

1.)You can specify which items are to be excluded from indexing.
2.)An easier way would be that subdirectories in Personal Documents are being shown and not everything shows up in the root of that folder when opening it from the home screen.
All the files in the SD are indexed.
When doing it, some of them get a special tag. For example, files inside Books folder get "book" tag, files in Images folder get "image" tag, and so on. These tags are included in the global.db sqlite database, as the last field of the file register.

Thus, when you browse to Books folder, only files with "book" tag are shown, in fact all files inside the SD Books folder.

By now, there are only a few tags supported (in fact, they are hardcoded in firmware sources).

if you want to have a "secret" folder, just create a special folder in the SD root (f.e. "Secret docs"). The files inside, as they don't have any of the predefined tags, will not shown on existing folders and you will have to browse through SD to reach them.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote