View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 06:25 AM   #72
ondabeach
Groupie
ondabeach doesn't litterondabeach doesn't litter

Device: HTC touch Diamond, Ipaq 3115
McMillan banned from Amazon you say!

Riiiiight. I guess what you meant to say is that Amazon was left with NO legal alternative but to remove all works from McMillan's stable of authors from sale on their (amazon's) site due to the fact that their contract (Amazon and McMillan's) had expired and they had failed to reach mutually acceptable terms for continuing their business relationship (you know, the one where they make all the profit from selling the fruits of other people's talent and effort.) Had Amazon not pulled those books from sale they would have been in breach of copyright laws at least and probably more.

Just in case you think that I am pro-Amazon or McMillan think again. They both suck big time and well and truly deserve the sh1t they have landed themselves in. I am strictly anti-big business when it comes to eBooks.

In case you are wondering what my point of my rant is..... it's quite simple. Stop giving over so much of you're valuable cerebral activity to idiots in high places and get behind the people like us (www.zuluexpress) and smashwords that are bending over backwards to bring about equity for the only people that matter in this debate.... those that write eBooks... and those that read them.... not the corporate scum that have been and want to continue to syphon all the cream from the industry.

And always remember, people who write and read eBooks are not resources for the eBook industry, we ARE the eBook industry, so let's take it back!
ondabeach is offline   Reply With Quote