Thread: Inkpad X
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 11:41 AM   #4
ezdiy
Zealot
ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: KT, KPW4, PB740-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savate View Post
Thanks @ezdiy. Points noted.

I deal with quite a few A4 originals (reports and the like) so 10.3 seems like a must. I wonder if you have actually used the new Inkpad?

It's one thing to have a device with the right size screen but does the software manage the reading process well? I did have a 10.3 Onyx Note Pro for a short while but it's handling of A4 PDFs was horrible so I sold it on. (Mind you I can't recall the details - at the time it seemed too fiddly because the default display seemed to need a lot of fiddling about with parameters like line spacing, margins, etc.)

I note that there is a new firmware update for the Onyx device so perhaps I was a little hasty :-( but I did find it over-featured for my purpose ...
I have InkPad 3 Pro, not X, but from hw descriptions, the X should be really about the same speed as the hardware is the same - just larger display (same resolution, so updates should be about as fast). InkPad 3 itself is slightly faster than Touch HD.

As far as PDF reading software on 5.20.x firmwares (all post-2016 pocketbooks) its pretty decent, so expect the same as you get on Touch 3HD, just larger screen. There are no special features, all pocketbooks have same fw. Sometimes there are font problems, so just opening in koreader (different pdf engine) helps.
ezdiy is offline   Reply With Quote