Thread: Inkpad X
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 05:57 AM   #1
Savate
Enthusiast
Savate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Signature
Inkpad X

I am interested to know more about the PDF reading experience on the Inkpad X before deciding to purchase. I have tried Kobo, Onyx, Kindle (none satisfactory for various reasons - especially the Onyx which was a serious disappointment).

I am familiar with Pocketbook software (own a Touch Lux) but really need a device to read PDFs at something like full size. Not too interested in tech specs just the reader experience. I understand the device is not zippy but not bothered about that. I just want to know if the device does the job for reading.

Is the 10.3 screen adequate for the fixed size of a PDF? Do PDFs fit the screen well enough for reading with minimal zooming/panning? I don't need note taking but text markup is v useful (but I believe the standard Pocketbook tools work as usual). Does the X have any new PDF features I might not have heard about?

I am aware that the device is overpriced (by a long way!) but if it does the job I am happy to pay up.

My use case: I get a lot of PDF documents alongside epubs, mobis etc. (I am a reviewer) and find reading PDFs on on a normal tablet with Acrobat very tedious. Acrobat also has its own workspace which adds extra complexity when it comes to file management.

If anyone has one of these devices and uses it for PDF reading (as well as other formats of course) I would be very grateful to hear about it.

Thanks
Savate is offline   Reply With Quote