View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 07:01 AM   #55
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Apparently it's a problem with earlier versions of WinRar. If it's any help it's fixed in WinRar v5.5.
I have a very old version of winrar (3.2), but this has been a big stone in the path. I was getting crazy. From now on, I will use 7-zip only .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
You're welcome and well done! I think you actually did the majority of the work yourself. Not so difficult after all
Normally I learn more from the mistakes than from the sucesss , so I prefer not to disturb you too much from the real hard work of doing the patches and try to learn making mistakes .

Anyway, without your hints (and the ones from geek1101), it was impossible.

I agree with Dirk-71 that some effort has to be done in the warnings and help information included in patches for some key points, as this will help people to feel more comfortable. Finding the mistake by the method of trial and error is very tedious and discouraging.

Last edited by JIPG-reader; 08-26-2018 at 07:16 AM.
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote