View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 11:36 AM   #40
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
You are confusing the issue. Where is all the books that are free? Free as in the distorted sense of free from Richard Stallman. He appears to be your hero.
Tons of free books all over. Some can be found on this very forum. As for others, I think this forum has rules about that sort of thing. Richard Stallman is my hero. He so far has been proven right that DRM and copyright are going to be the mechanisms of control used to restrict and monitor your ability to read.

Well...some people's ability.

Now my point isn't that books should be free but they should be reasonable priced *AND* accessible if publishers don't want people to investigate alternative options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Now try and convince a writer to publish their books free of charge with the right to copy, distribute and share the book. Oh, sure, allow them to sell the paper books, but keep the ebook free.
I don't have to convince anyone of anything, that's my point. It's going to happen regardless and there's nothing the publishers can do about it.
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote