View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 07:02 AM   #31
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
They can still buy the books as ebooks, they just can't borrow them from the library as ebooks for the first several months. It sounds like you are trying to frame this from a moral point of view. I have a hard time accepting the premise that anyone has a moral right to free stuff, especially when it's more free stuff right now, rather than in a few months.
No. Not at all. Those who want the ebook immediately may obtain it by paying the inflated price, as you quite rightly point out. Finances permitting of course. Certainly I do not contend that there is "a moral right to free stuff", as you so eloquently put it. I'm just pointing out that this little experiment does cause collateral damage. As I stated originally, I don't blame the publishers for conducting the experiment. However, its open-ended nature does lead me to question whether it is in fact an experiment or simply an unannounced change of policy.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote