View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 09:20 AM   #13
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Dumb kid.

In grade school I could not learn the abc's, I found I could slur over the middle ones I didn't know and get away with it. I could never memorize. Did make it through college and grad school with all the reading but it was a real chore. Almost flunked out of electronics school due to not understanding all the tech stuff it took me hours to read when others did it in a brief time.

I never read for enjoyment. A page or two into a book was enough for me. In High School reading was a terrible chore. I would read a paragraph, then read it again, then at times again before I could figure out what it meant.

In my 60's I took a test online to see if I was dyslexic. Something like 80 questions and I hit just about everyone of them. It opened up a whole story line for me, no wonder I did not like to read :-) Might relate to thinking myself rather dumb. I had, about the same time been watching a credit union being built. The sign said it would be Uintus Credit union. For days I wondered where they got a name like that. One day I was looking at the sign and I spelled it out to myself slowly U-N-I-T-U-S Credit Union. What a revelation

I love electronics and I ran across the first kindle. I wanted one even though I probably wouldn't use it. Ordered one and when it came I sat down and started reading and loved it. Have been reading since.

I find on tablets I get along fine in the sepia color Kindle provides.

I suspect all the forced reading helped train my brain into more normal habits when reading but the electronic readers have been a real help to me.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote