View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 08:38 AM   #12
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I grew up surrounded by books. My earliest memory is a dear Great Aunt and Uncle Reading to me, and I still have some of those "Little Golden Books." My parents were both readers and I would read anything if a book wasn't available. Cereal boxes, shampoo bottles, anything. My mom would go to the Bookmobile and take me with her. I would have been 10 when she started doing that.

I do remember the school reading program called SRA. I also rememember finishing all of those well before the rest of the class, (you worked at your own pace) and being allowed to read other books during that class time. I would have been in 3rd or 4th grade I think. You read a Short story, then answered questions to test your comprehension. I remember thinking it was strange because the other kids took SO long to do each one.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote