View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 12:28 PM   #207
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHaze View Post
Well I've read American Gods and I've read the Sandman graphic novels. What else should I be looking at from Gaiman?
That depends. There is almost always something distinctly Gaiman about the voice, but the types of story vary widely - so there is no guarantee you will like everything you find. I'm not a big fan of American Gods, but I absolutely love Stardust, Neverwhere and The Graveyard Book. I enjoyed Anansi Boys and The Ocean at the End of the Lane. For me Coraline was only so so.

I also really like Good Omens, which is Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, but Gaiman's voice isn't quite so distinct in there - to be expected I suppose, the book really is a blend of the two of them.

I haven't yet read Gaiman's most recent releases but plan to soon.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote