View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 05:38 AM   #204
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
I tried Belgariad but somehow just couldn't get into it.
I listened to the whole thing for the first time as an adult a few years ago, and can't say much in its favor except that it was good for putting me to sleep. I don't think much fantasy from that time period has aged well. Eddings really turns the questionable racial allegory up to 11, but worse, his stuff just doesn't stand up to the kind of intricate, character-driven fantasy we've seen in the last 10-20 years. Eddings and Jordan seem amateurish compared to a lot of stuff coming out lately.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote