View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #52
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Well, I think that natural state is to help people. And if people demand to be able to give a sermon before helping people I really do not think they are very nice people.
Really? I think that the natural state of most people is to give their opinions, knowledgeable or otherwise, which we see freely all over the net. (Quora, anyone?). In fact, the less knowledgeable the holder, the more freely and vociferously those opinions tend to be provided.

And nobody here "sermonized." It was a simple discussion. It's hardly secret that folks have strong feelings about DRM, (as in, your signature block, which certainly broadcasts YOUR "sermonizing" about it--does that mean that you're not very nice?), and, as I said: most of the posters--and those most helpful to her--certainly had every right to speak to the other people who will come along and read the thread. Many posters here at MR don't even understand how DRM works. Having a perfectly civil (for a change) discussion about her particular situation was one of the more useful I've seen.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote