View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 01:55 PM   #48
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
Is the flipping copyright lecture mandatory do get help in this forum? The ratio of pro copyright ranting in this thread, to actual technical discussion, is like 4 - 1.
Actually, more like the opposite, if someone would care to read the whole thread from the start. And as others have said, it's normal for the threads here to run off-topic, it has nothing to do with the OP or should be taken as personal criticism, bashing or flaming. Also bear in mind that the participators comes from all over the world, and writes and understand english at different levels. Sometimes one has to be able to read a lot between the lines. What you sees as lecturing almost never is meant as such, but is just well-meant advice and help.

Quote:
Did I miss the secret initiation rite where you have to write in blood that you swear to protect copyright before all else, as I joined the forum?
Nah, nothing that drastic But Mobileread has an expressed policy of not endorsing piracy. Since most people in here probably has difficulties reading swedish, and doubt was expressed as to the legality of your project, I took the liberty to make an abridged and simplified translation of the rules regarding the use of the Bible2000 as stated on bibelselskabet.se. Otherwise you probably wouldn't have gotten any help.

Quote:
Or are there people on the payroll of some kind of international pro copyright organisation?
Nope. And calm down, no-one is challenging your right to your personal copy, so why do you keep defending yourself?

That said (I'll probably be inviting some bashing from the non-copyright wing, but I just can't keep my mouth shut, can I ): I do make a sort of living from my "art" - not art as in painting or music, as skreutzer seems to have read it, but the "art" of making - I think - beautiful ebooks from otherwise unreadable sources for a rather modest fee. Charging for my work makes me able to buy food, shelter, a computer and an internet connection, and live on to make more works accessible instead of lying down to die in the nearest ditch. Make no mistake, I fully respect those, that does such work for free, it's their choice - I just don't, and I would be seriously p..... off if someone grabbed a copy of ... say, one of my translations - representing several hundred hours of work - and spread them as their own.

Regards

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote