Thread: Fastboot GUI
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Fastboot GUI

GUI wrapper for fastboot tool.
(GUI = graphical user interface)

Used technology: Mono (C# language)
For platforms: Windows, Linux, MAC
For Kindle models: Kindle 4 (non-touch, mini, etc...), Kindle Touch, maybe Kindle 3

What works now: getvar, setvar, reboot, flash (diags only), control of maximal size of file to flash with (but not control of it's content), no need to run under root on Linux (but once require root password before executing first fastboot operation), automatic installation of drivers on Windows, integrated "How to" about how to put Kindle to fastboot.

General instructions:
- extract archive
- run "Fastboot-GUI(.exe)"
- see Help -> Contents for help

Current available releases:
- Windows
  • for .NET version download "Fastboot GUI - WIN dotNET.zip" - compatible with XP, Vista, 7
    - .NET framework needed, but at least Vista and 7 has it in default I think
  • for native version download "Fastboot GUI - WIN NATIVE.zip " - should be compatible with any 32 bit or 64 bit Windows since about Win98.

- Linux
  • for native version download "Fastboot GUI - LINUX NATIVE.zip"
    - require libmono-2.0-1 package,
    - at x86_64 platform (64 bit OS) download "Fastboot-GUI_64bit.zip".
    - maybe will be needed to mark as executable. Also it wants root password because of restricted access to USB in Linux.

Please post feedback especially about Kindle Touch, driver installation and bugs.

MAC users:
Because I have lost access to any MAC, if there is someone who would like to run this application on MAC, I can provide instruction how to build it.

License:
Kind of Creative Commons or GNU, what the hell, I don't care

Source code:
Download "Fastboot-GUI-src.zip" - compatible with MonoDevelop and MS Visual C# 2010.

Screenshot:
Spoiler:

Attached Files
File Type: zip Fastboot GUI - WIN dotNET.zip (649.6 KB, 1662 views)
File Type: zip Fastboot GUI - WIN NATIVE.zip (9.83 MB, 2222 views)
File Type: zip Fastboot GUI - LINUX NATIVE.zip (97.4 KB, 1233 views)
File Type: zip Fastboot-GUI-src.zip (1.09 MB, 844 views)
File Type: zip Fastboot-GUI_64bit.zip (23.1 KB, 1491 views)

Last edited by hostar; 07-01-2012 at 11:37 AM.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote