View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 02:10 AM   #2
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Welcome to the Astak family. I have no doubt you will continue to be totally happy with your puppy as it grows on you.

Your profile sez your Device is a 9 Plus, your post sez 6. I'm guessing it is a 6 Plus since I've not heard of an Astak 9" -- although we don't seem to be kept as informed as we once were.

However, my guess is the FAQ has not been updated for the Plus yet, and any information for the 6 is addressing the old 6. (There is, after all, still a button on the 6 Plus spec screen to download ADE firmware, which is for the old 6, not the 6 Plus despite it being mentioned a couple weeks ago)

As I understand it, most specs for the 6 Plus are similar to the 5 PPro other than the size, so being a newer unit, there is no doubt that SDHC in the documentation is correct.

Someone will have to verify my guess, but most of the time the memory speed isn't critical. If rated memory speed is faster than the unit, it will still access at the unit's speed with no detriment. And I doubt a slower memory card (say SD instead of SDHC) will be noticeable. Its not like we are talking about a Pentium II versus a Core 2 Duo.

Nothing wrong with getting as big of an SD card as possible for future use, since you have to buy it anyway, but unless you are planning on loading it with mp3's, I can tell you that the 2g (SD) card in my PPro is barely a quarter filled with 400 books. It is supposed to hold about 3500, which means a 16g card would hold about 14,000 books. That's a LOT of reading.

Be careful buying off ebay, tho. There have been posts regarding 2g cards marketed (and labeled) as 16g and 32g cards, but have merely been messed with to read as if they are 32g cards.

Just thot I'd post something for you so you know we are out here. Someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly, I am sure. (they may have even slipped in while I was composing this drivel.)
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote