View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 07:36 AM   #2
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
I felt the book started rather slowly but when it ignited it was a real page-turned. The Goodreads review described its “intrigue and charm” and summarised The Readers’ Room as a “dazzling novel of mystery, love and the power of books.”I can agree with most of that. I really didn’t find much “charm” though. It was quite dark and sinister with some remarkable twists and turns in the plot. I thought at one point I had it all figured out. Of course, I didn’t.

It isn’t the kind of mystery novel I usually read—I’m a fan of Father Brown and Lord Peter Wimsey but I really enjoyed The Readers’s Room.

Last edited by fantasyfan; 05-05-2021 at 06:12 PM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote