View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 09:43 PM   #1107
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsschrstrcks View Post
First of all, your plugin is amazing and the reason I joined this forum. I love it!

I have a large number of books in calibre (~34-35k). I've been trying to slowly bring them all into goodreads. All the while adding books I physically own into calibre through goodreads. Its been a slow process. I spend an hour or so a week on this for roughly the past year or so.

I have maybe 500 books in goodreads that are not in calibre yet. When I try to sync from the "read" shelf (only 15600+/- titles), select 50 or so of the 500, and add blank book to calibre, then click sync; sometimes it fails. I forget the exact wording. But some kind of unhandled exception occurs.

How do I find the text of the error log to share? I kicked off the sync process around 1 est, so I'm expecting in the next half hour I should be able to post more details.
I need the actual error message to have any clue of what is happening. When the error message was displayed in calibre, there was probably a "Details" button to see more information about it. And a "Copy" button to copy the details to the clipboard. When it happens again, copy and paste the full message here for me to look at.

For more details, you can run calibre in debug mode (right-click the preferences button and choose the option). This will write a lot of information to a file that is displayed when you close calibre. The log usually helps if the error message does. But, post the full error message first.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote