View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 10:25 PM   #2338
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I've finished Christina Dalcher's Vox; it was disappointing because it turned into more of thriller-ish, adventure-ish story than I expected from the premise (a U.S. in which women are limited to 100 words a day; they wear bracelet counters that give them electrical shocks if they surpass the quota). Plus it had scenes of animal experimentation, and I don't, don't, don't like that. The main takeaway was that women let it happen by not being more willing to go out marching and protesting. Simplistic victim bashing, but whatever.

Anyway, I am continuing to gin up my rage with another feminist dystopian novel (why am I on a dystopian kick when I avoid this genre?), When She Woke, by Hillary Jordan. This is a riff on The Scarlet Letter, and I am liking it so far.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote