View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 11:42 AM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
You have 2 options to open the dictionary:

- If you use it occasionally, long press on the word and then on the dictionary icon in the pop-up menu.

- If you use the dictionary constantly, you have the option to open it from the reading menu and enter the so-called "dictionary mode", in which you only have to click on the word to open the dictionary. It is used in combination with the page turning keys, as pressing the touch screen will always open the dictionary, and you cannot perform any other action on the screen. The dictionary mode remains active as long as you exit the definition box by touching the screen, and closes permanently if you exit by pressing the exit icon or by pressing a key that has a function activated in the reading menu.

Regarding the notes, it is more or less the same. The occasional mode is to long press on a word and drag over the area you want to underline, and then click on the pencil icon in the pop-up menu.
I have lower right corner tap zone configured to put it in 'dictionary mode'. When done looking things up, tap the 'exit' icon on the lookup panel and it goes back to normal/highlighting mode.

I love how configurable the UI is. I discovered I could replace the Audiobooks button on Home Screen with KOReader launch button.

Of course it makes my head hurt to try to remember the different gestures and tap zones for both PBReader and KOReader.

The drag gesture to adjust brightness doesn't work consistently for me.

Last edited by tomsem; 08-06-2022 at 07:28 PM.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote