View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 02:09 PM   #585
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle
Possible Bug with paging, font changes, more

I've been experiencing a problem with MapleRead that is new although I can't be sure when it started, probably within the last month. I've been using MapleRead as my sole book reader for years. This happens on many of the books I own but not all. I always read in portrait mode.

I'm using an iPad Pro 10.5" with IOS 14..0.1 model NPHG2LL/A. MapleRead SE 3.5.2.

There are several issues, possibly all related. The first and easiest to demonstrate is when adjusting the font size by pinching. If I pinch/spread, the font on the small box in the middle changes correctly. When I let go and accept the new font, the size change much more that I asked for. If I increase the size slightly, it increases a lot. Same for reductions, a small change smaller results in a large change smaller. Changing the size using the on screen buttons A/A works correctly.

The second problem is the the reader does not always show me the last few lines of a chapter. The chapter will seem to end abruptly, paging ahead goes to the beginning of the new chapter. If I adjust the font size and go back a page, I can usually see the content of the previous chapter correctly.

The third problem is that sometimes the display of the columns will go completely out of whack. It will look like I'm in partial landscape mode. That is, the first columns displayed are from the previous page, then a gap, then some of the content of the current page. To resolve this temporarily, I usually kill the application and restart.

Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this? Can it be fixed?

Last edited by tbergman; 11-04-2020 at 02:13 PM.
tbergman is offline   Reply With Quote