View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 12:07 PM   #2758
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
@Apache: Thanks for that. I'd both watched the original TV series, and read many of the books in my youth, but knew little about the author.

I've just abandoned Laurie R. King's The Bones of Paris, her second Stuyvesant and Gray mystery. Nothing wrong with the narrator (Jefferson Mays), but I really was not enjoying the story or where it was going. WAY too dark for me. I enjoy her Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes books, and even her Kate Martinelli, but I'll be giving this series a pass from now on.

Next up? I think a re-listen to Neogenesis by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (read by Eileen Stevens) to get ready for the release of Accepting the Lance, while I continue with Payment in Blood, the second in Elizabeth George's Inspector Lynley series.

Last edited by CRussel; 11-21-2019 at 02:13 PM.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote