View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 01:14 PM   #2751
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
No, but in another form when I mentioned that the characters here can be quite unlikable, a poster responded he felt that way about Eileen. Not so much gross, although the rare explicit sex discussions I skimmed through and I'm no prude, but that the main character is basically a lazy brat, and her shrink is more of a mess than she is. I'm enjoying the satirical aspects of the story.

Put it this way - not sorry I dropped an Audible credit on it.
It wasn't sex that put me off Eileen--offhand, I don't remember any sex scenes at all--but gross descriptions in general, and an emphasis on ugliness in everything. The interesting parts and good writing were smothered in all the muck.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote