View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 11:24 AM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
See the samples below, with the most representative glyphs, like A, U, R, S, g, f, t, s:

It's a font used in print, around 1940-1950.

Thanks in advance
Okay, so...not any perfect matches, but:
  • Zilvertype Pro has an "A" like that--but not a t.
  • Caslon ICGTitling (not to be confused with any other Caslon Titling font) has a t somewhat like that, lower-case.
  • Laura Worthington's Charcuterie Serif is the closest that I'm able to find--it's very similar on the A. Not so much on the t.

Also-mentioned: Valifieris and Contenu. Not "alike," but similar in feel, somewhat. The Contenu might suit to channel the FEEL.

Sorry. That one, I suspect, like my last great Font Hunt, may yield nada, nothing, zip, zein. I'm pretty good at finding fonts, and I can't find it or even something closer than what I've listed.

A lot of fonts require extensive hand-searching through old font catalogues. I have the Fontbook, etc., but not that far back.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote