View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this or let it scare you away from ebooks. You have to tell yourself will you really read most of the books that you have on your device again in your lifetime? Probably not. I have books in paper form that I read once and never touched again. This is probably true for 90% of my books. Unless you had some sort of dream that you were going to give your reader away to a relative when you die, I see no worries.
I tend to re-read older books and what I worry more about is waking up one day to find that the DRM servers have been shut down. While so far that issue hasn't bothered me, one co-worker was hit by both the Microsoft PlaysForSure and Yahoo DRM server shutdowns which rendered 90% of the music he had downloaded from them useless. He finally got most of his promised DRM free versions from Yahoo but for the majority of his music which had been downloaded from Microsoft, by the time he heard about the shutdown he couldn't even download the license keys for most of the songs on his existing authorized computer.

For me, that hardest item about his issues was keeping a straight face. He was very proud of having left Apple and iTunes in favour of Microsoft and Yahoo. He often and loudly expressed his opinion that Microsoft and Zune were the wave of the future with Apple being relegated to a small niche within a few years.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote