View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #10
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Living in a country where paper books have always been very expensive and postage costs to buy them from US or UK also very high, I have found buying ebooks to be a big saving. That combined with the convenience of being able to carry hundreds of books around with me is more important to me than owning the book.

Most of the books I buy from Kobo work out to be about $5-$6 after discount codes, compared to the retail paperback price in the local bookshop of about $16-$30 (if they are available at all, which they usually are not), or the cost of postage alone from Amazon of $12. (All NZ dollars).

Edit: Just checked prices on my latest purchase, The Knight by Gene Wolfe: Kobo ebook $5.59 ($7.99 - 30% discount code), Amazon ebook $9.42, paperback from local bookshop $16.95, paperback from Amazon US $22.61 ($10.05 + $12.59 postage). (All NZ dollars)

Last edited by GeoffR; 03-17-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Added example
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote