View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #56
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@BetterRed,

The Modify Epub plugin has a 'Remove existing cover' option.
Thanks jackie_w, Modify was one of the first optional plugins I installed I have a feeling that it might have been yourself who told me about it then :lol:

In addition to removing the cover I've been using Modify to straighten punctuation, inject metadata, and remove jackets. All of which I can now do with Polish Books - except remove the cover, which I never wanted anyway.

Why would I prefer to use Polish Books?

First up I have the utmost respect for Kiwidude.

However, as someone who spent a good part of his working life on configuration management, I have a predilection for reducing the number of components installed on my system.

Polish is simpler, a tad faster, and less obtrusive (uncheck Show Report), and its part of the Calibre furniture. If I needed Modify for one of its many other features then I know where to get it.

The unavoidable, mandatory, no questions asked adding of the cover during conversion to ePub, is something that's annoyed me about Calibre since I first installed it. The only way to stop Calibre not putting the cover in the ePub is to not have a cover

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote