View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #56
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
You know, strangely, when I started out, I had no love of DRM and never put it on my books. Mobileread and the multiple threads and discussions showed me just how many people out there are perfectly happy to download books and redistribute them (Not just mobileread, but other forums too). I know that those who wish to break DRM will; however, I've seen a pretty casual attitude on many forums about passing along books. I do think there is a misunderstanding about DRM in several circles (the one that says, if there is no DRM or I got it for free, then it's okay to pass it along). The various attitudes and threads has convinced me that DRM is probably not a bad idea for most genres.

Many, if not all, of my future releases will have DRM on the main selling sites. I'll still make it available without DRM, probably from my own blog, but not likely from the larger sites. I don't see the benefit of not including it anymore.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote