View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 06:29 AM   #1
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Markdown / Blockquote conversion giving unexpected results

I am using blockquotes within some markdown text but getting unexpected results. Calibre's resultant html is different to that produced by the standard markdown processor, (see http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/dingus).

With sample source text of:

### Blockquote Test

> This is a blockquote
> section of markdown.
>
> Hardwrap with 2 trailing spaces.
> Use for quotations/poetry etc.

Markdown (Daring Fireball) produces:

<h3>Blockquote Test</h3>

<blockquote>
<p>This is a blockquote <br />
section of markdown. </p>

<p>Hardwrap with 2 trailing spaces. <br />
Use for quotations.</p>
</blockquote>

whereas calibre produces:

<h3 class="calibre1">Blockquote Test</h3>
<blockquote class="calibre2"><p class="calibre3">This is a blockquote &gt; section of markdown. &gt; &gt; Hardwrap with 2 trailing spaces. &gt; Use for quotations/poetry etc.
</p>
</blockquote>

These differences obviously display quite diffently in a eBook. Can I get calibre to produce the standard output?

I am using calibre 0.7.46 on Windows 7. In the TXT input conversion options I used Paragraph style: block and Formatting style: markdown.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote