View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacg View Post
Others in this thread have suggested that Sigil does deliver a fixed font size by default. That's how I interpret comments like: "There are a lot of things Sigil does not do for you. Like Base font resizing (OK, almost nothing with fonts). You get the very basic: Bold (1 font-weight), Italic (1font-style), Underline or StrikeThru (2 font-decorations)."

Now I admit I'm a total newbie, and I may have misinterpreted the above, and other comments, that led me to believe I would have to change the code myself before fonts could be made scalable in an ereader. And while I’m a newbie as far as HTML and Sigil are concerned, I do have long experience with book design and I know that what Sigil delivered to the ebook readers on my iPad was not good design.

I do know I did exactly as I was advised to do in the Sigil tutorial. I loaded text created in MS Word and saved as HTML (web page, filtered). I made no changes to the code whatsoever, and the result was a small fixed font in the ereader.

So what’s with the negative karma nonsense?

My point is that I believe Sigil should produce code that by default allows fonts to be scalable in ereaders.

Would my result have been any different if I had loaded plain text into Sigil, rather than HTML?
Your source provided a fixed font, if any, NOT SIGIL.
In absence of any instructions, your reader provides a fixed font.
Them's called DEFAULTS.

Hear no font specification, see no font size controls.

GIGO
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote