View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 11:10 PM   #11
jmacg
jmacg began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Others in this thread have suggested that Sigil does deliver a fixed font size by default. That's how I interpret comments like: "There are a lot of things Sigil does not do for you. Like Base font resizing (OK, almost nothing with fonts). You get the very basic: Bold (1 font-weight), Italic (1font-style), Underline or StrikeThru (2 font-decorations)."

Now I admit I'm a total newbie, and I may have misinterpreted the above, and other comments, that led me to believe I would have to change the code myself before fonts could be made scalable in an ereader. And while I’m a newbie as far as HTML and Sigil are concerned, I do have long experience with book design and I know that what Sigil delivered to the ebook readers on my iPad was not good design.

I do know I did exactly as I was advised to do in the Sigil tutorial. I loaded text created in MS Word and saved as HTML (web page, filtered). I made no changes to the code whatsoever, and the result was a small fixed font in the ereader.

So what’s with the negative karma nonsense?

My point is that I believe Sigil should produce code that by default allows fonts to be scalable in ereaders.

Would my result have been any different if I had loaded plain text into Sigil, rather than HTML?
jmacg is offline   Reply With Quote