Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #52
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post

Edit: Created a very short 2 page epub that will show the beginning quote on one line and the following word falling on the next line for 2 instances. There's also images showing where the bug is in the text (with a bug to indicate it, of course!), and also an image of the font settings. It happens no matter what font you use, if the beginning quote will fall towards the end of the line, it will be split. In the images I have it set to full justify, but it makes no difference if you have justify off, set to left or set to right, it happens with all settings. The stylesheet for the epub does not specify any justification at all, I left it up to the reader software.

The stylesheet is as simple as possible, the only style used in the book is p and i for italics:
Code:
p { 
display: block;
margin-top: 0em;
margin-bottom: 0em;
margin-left: 0em;
margin-right: 0em;
text-indent: 1.5em;
 }
Thank you for creating this example. I have seen the same problem on my Aura, and it is very distracting. I was going to try to create something myself to show this bug, but you did all the hard work first! Thanks.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote